We love having smoothies for breakfast and we love everything eggs but lets admit every now and then you want to walk out of the mundane and do something different. Eat something different and feel good about it. Well, we have just the recipe. Enter – Keto Cinnamon Flax Muffins.
We wanted to create a breakfast that was healthy and something you could carry along or eat as a mid-morning snack and these Keto cinnamon flax muffins tick all the boxes. They are low carb, made with all natural ingredients, are paleo and gluten free and they ensure you are satiated for a long period. JUST IMAGINE!
These are loaded with the cinnamon which is a great spice to add to your diet if you are watching out for your sugar levels. It helps lower your blood sugar and fight diabetes. These muffins are also pretty wholesome in the sense that they level up your game on protein, rich dietary fibre and give you a boost of energy at the start of the day.
What do I pair the Keto Cinnamon Flax Muffins with?
Seriously if you ask me nothing. I could just eat them as is. But if you must, I love to team these with grass fed butter at times and finish it with a slight drizzle of black pepper. As weird as that might sound you are going to love me for this suggestion. Its like that hit of cinnamon is balanced by the butter giving you a kickass combination of sweet and savoury!
We have used Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetner for these muffins in order to maintain a certain pancake kinda level of sweetness (just perfect for breakfast) – but you can also sub them with coconut sugar if you wish.
Lets get to making these then:
Cinnamon Flax Muffins - Low Carb, Keto, Paleo, Gluten Free
- Muffin Baking Pan
- Muffin moulds
- Mixing bowl
- 2 cups TPPC Baking Mix 265 grams
- 2 tbsps Flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ cup Coconut milk
- ¼ cup Ghee
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup Monk Fruit sweetener 95 grams
- Tinge of Nutmeg
- Chopped pecan nuts
- Grass fed butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the dry ingredients in a clean bowl and mix Well (Dont add the baking soda just yet)
- In another bowl combine the sweetener & egg and whiz them up (use hand blender or smoothie jar to blend)
- Next add in coconut milk, vanilla and ghee to this mixture and blend again till everything is well incorporated and you have a creamy mixture
- Add the baking soda to the dry ingredients - mix well
- Then mix the wet ingredients with the dry ones and combine well until you have a homogenous
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and spoon in the batter one by one to upto 3/4th of the cup
- Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg & pecan nuts
- Bake for 20 - 22 mins
- Remove, let cool a bit and grate in some grass fed butter on the slightly warm muffins and sprinkle in some black pepper if desired