If you have ever wondered How To Make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies in a way that they turn out adequately crispy then you have come to the right place.
We wanted to make a cookie that was gluten free, light, crispy and Paleo and that’s how these little buddies were born
You see, there are umpteen gluten free cookie recipes around the web but most of them will yield soft cookies. What I love is good snap when break the cookie into two. The snap actually defines how crunchy your cookies are and its so difficult to get that crunch with a gluten free flour.
What makes Gluten-free cookies crispy?
However the trick really lies with the right combination of baking soda and psyllium husk. Baking soda is a leavening agent and it is what makes baked goods soft and gives them the desired rise. We don’t particularly need a rise here and so we reduce the amount of baking soda. We dont want to cut it out altogether coz we also dont want something that we can’t bite into. So reducing the amount of baking soda does the first trick. Now psyllium acts as a binding agent but it also acts a lot like gluten which helps provide that extra crunch. And the combination of these two ingredients is what gives your cookies the perfect crisp.
These Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are very simple to make, require no fancy equipment just a mixing bowl and a baking pan will do and taste absolutely epic. They are gluten free, clean and are loaded with chocolate chips. What else can one ask for?
While our obsession for thin and crispy cookies led us here we realize we can make kickass regular soft and chewy cookie from the same dough (as some might prefer) and hence we will show you how you make both the types out of the same dough. Aint that something?
Lets dive in then:
How to make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookes
- Mixing bowl
- Baking Pan
- Parchment Paper
- 2 cups TPPC Baking Mix 265 grams
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tbsp Coconut Flour
- ½ tbsps Psyllium Husk
- ¾ cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Ghee
- 2 tsps Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs Pasteurized, Organic
- ~1 cup Dairy Free and Gluten free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients except baking soda and coconut sugar
- Next whisk together coconut sugar and eggs with the help of a hand blender until well incorporated. Then add in ghee and vanilla and whisk for another 20-25 seconds on high to get a creamy pale texture
- Lastly add in the baking soda to the dry ingredients and mix well until well combined.
- Then combine the wet mixture with the dry and mix until you get a ooey gooey texture
- Lastly add in the chocolate chips and combine well (We used Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- Scoop out bite sized cookie balls (approximately a tablespoons worth) roll them with the help of your hand and place them on the baking pan and flatten them a bit with the help of your fingers - so that they resemble a cookie
- This batter has the tendency to double up in size which will then give you a normal sized thin crisp cookie so make sure you keep enough distance between each cookie
- Garnish with more chocolate chips on top and bake for 10 mins
- Alternatively combine 3-4 bite sized balls and spread them out on the baking pan as one cookie dough ball this will help you get a gigantic cookie (baking time remains same)
- Remove and cool the cookies and then of course dig into them
- Dont forget to leave your feedback if you make these crispy cookies