Our Keto egg muffins are protein rich and are packed with flavour and nutrition giving a solid start to your day.
Picture this – its a relaxed weekend and you want something that is piping hot, flavored and nonfussy – coz obviously you need a weekend break! But there is a growing appetite of weekend monsters and they are jumping up and down your bed literally from dawn and you are in no mind to put that foot out of the sheet that its neatly tucked under. You are hoping for a recipe that literally calls for throwing in a few ingredients together and dumping it in the oven to magically come out fulfill everyone’s growing appetite. You have come to the right place as my recipes for egg muffins & vegan muffins is going to tick all the boxes.
These Keto and Paleo egg muffins will definitely need you to step into the kitchen but won’t keep you there for long. Here at Konsious Kitchen we know what it’s like being working parents and not having a weekend to yourself and hence we are on a continuous for food ideas that can make your life easy.
Fun with Kids
I also enjoy making these muffins with my kid. She is 4 years old and absolutely loves cracking eggs. We have this weekend mother – daughter thing where we make breakfast to the tune of some pleasant music. Well for her its always all things baking that she enjoys like cracking the eggs or a simple process of mixing and whisking. And for me its always an opportunity to teach her something – like math or something as simple as this particular equipment is called a whisk – which is a win to the win for both of us. Studies suggest cooking from an early age also helps them develop their emotional quotient in the long term and its also such a great way to bond with them while sharing a bit of both our lives together.
These egg muffins are practically both Paleo and Keto but I have just added some extra cheese in the Keto ones so as to differentiate. I personally don’t do cheese except feta but I can make an exception occasionally.
Vegan Egg Muffins
Well, we can call them more of Vegan muffins than Vegan Egg Muffins. Made with a blend of chickpea flour & water these taste very similar to an Indian snack item called ‘the bhajiya’ ; just healthier.
What do I pair the Egg muffins with?
You can easily pair these egg muffins with a homemade version of tomato ketchup. Alternatively these also pair really well with equal part mixture of feta + Paleo mayonnaise. To turn these into a weekend brunch; plate them in with some baked chicken and pan sautéed asparagus along with a piece of my Lemon Poppy Seed Cake or Raspberry Cheesecake and you’ve got the brunch of the gods for yourself.
So my friends use your imagination and surprise me with your combinations.
Lets get to making these baddies then:
How to make Keto egg Muffins
- Muffin Tin for baking
- Silicon muffin liners
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon / Fork
Combinations of veggies and greens at hand : 1 - 1.5 tablespoon of each combinationed mentioned below (See Notes)
- Onions + tomatoes Finely chopped
- Mushrooms + Spinach Finely chopped
- Asparagus + onions Finely chopped
- Broccoli + tomatoes Finely chopped
- Brussel sprouts + onions Finely chopped
- Mint + rosemary + tomatoes Finely chopped
- Spinach + Asparagus Finely chopped
- Kale + Tomatoes Finely chopped
- Tomatoes + thyme Finely chopped
- 8 Eggs Pastuer Raised, Organic
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 6 tsp Mozzarella Cheese finely chopped
- ~1 cup Chickpea Flour (a little less than one cup)
- ½ tsp Himalayn Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Corainder powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Ajwain Seeds or Carom Seeds
- Water as needed
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Chop in all veggies (use the combinations given or combine as per your choice)
- Crack in 8 eggs and whisk them together with the help of a spoon
- Add in the salt and pepper
- Line the muffin pan with silicon muffin liners (else grease the muffin pan itself with coconut oil generously)
- Add in 1 tablespoon each of the veggie combinations you plan to use - per cup
- Pour in the egg mixture to about 3/4th the cup
- If making Keto muffins add in chopped chunks of mozarella else skip this
- Bake for 30 mins
- Egg muffins have a tendency to puff up as soon as they just come out of the oven and then settle down a bit
- Let cool and enjoy with favourite dip!
- To make Vegan batter add the chickepea flour and the spices as mentioned in the ingredients list & mix well
- Create a small well / space in between the chickpea flour and add water in little quantities
- Keep mixing and adding water while breaking in all the lumps of the chickpea flour
- Add water enough to have a medium (not too thick, not too thin mixture) consistency of the batter
- Now add in 1 tablespoon of each of the veggie combinations as per your choice to each muffin tin
- Then pour in the prepared chickpea batter up to 3/4th of the cup
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Enjoy with your favourite vegan dip
- I have not given the exact amount of vegetables that we will need as I understand you will make a maximum of 2 combinations of these muffins at a time - you can modify the requirement of the veggies as per the number of muffins you are making